Apply for Citizenship
To be eligible to become a Canadian citizen, you must:
- be a permanent resident
- have lived in Canada for 3 out of the last 5 years
- have filed your taxes, if you need to
- pass a test on your rights, responsibilities and knowledge of Canada
- prove your language skills
If you committed a crime in or outside Canada
- you may not be eligible to become a Canadian citizen for a period of time
- time spent serving a term of imprisonment, on parole, or on probation doesn’t count as time you’ve lived in Canada
Wait until the situation no longer applies before you apply for citizenship.
Children born abroad to Canadians
There are different rules to determine if children of Canadians born outside Canada have Canadian citizenship.
Your child is likely a Canadian citizen if at least 1 parent (legal parent at birth or biological parent)
- was born in Canada, or
- became a naturalized Canadian citizen before the child was born
Your child is not automatically a Canadian citizen if they’re an adopted child born outside Canada.
How can our team help?
Our team can :
- manage the entire application process starting from eligibility determination, application package review and applying , OR,
- review your application package for completeness on a fraction of cost
Contact us today to schedule a review!