• Home
  • Sponsor your Family

Sponsor your Family

Canadian citizens and permanent residents may sponsor certain family members for permanent residence.

Whom can you sponsor?

  • Spouse, Common law, conjugal partner (atleast 18 years old)
  • Dependent child (under 22 years of age)
  • Parents and Grandparents
  • Adopted children
  • Orphan sibling, niece/nephew or grandchild


Who is eligible to sponsor ?

You can sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent child if:

  • You’re at least 18 years old
  • You’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
  • If you’re a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when the persons you want to sponsor become permanent residents. You can’t sponsor someone if you’re a permanent resident living outside Canada.
  • You’re able to prove that you’re not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability
  • You can provide for the basic needs of any persons you want to sponsor


What is the difference between spouse, common law and conjugal partner?

  • Spouse : Legally married to the sponsor
  • Common law partner : Must have cohabited with the sponsor for at least 1 year in a conjugal relationship
  • Conjugal Partner : Has a conjugal relationship with the sponsor for at least 1 year

Contact us today to schedule a review!