• Home
  • Sponsor your Spouse

You may be eligible to apply for an Open Work Permit !

You can apply for an open work permit if you’re one of the following:

  • a spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner living in Canada who’s being sponsored for permanent residence
  • an accompanying dependent child of the principal applicant
spousal sponsorship

Sponsor your Spouse

Canadian citizens and permanent residents may sponsor their spouse or common law partner for permanent residence.

You must be able to:

  • support them financially
  • make sure they don’t need social assistance from the government


Whom can you sponsor?

  • Your spouse (legally married to you and at least 18 years old)
  • Your common-law partner (isn’t married to you  and you’ve been living together continuously for 1 year in a conjugal relationship)
  • Your conjugal partner (isn’t legally married to you or in a common-law relationship with you and has been in a relationship with you for at least 1 year)

Contact us today to schedule a review!